Blogmas Day 4, My Favourite Christmas Film| Ailish Elizabeth

Today is day 4 of my 12 Days of Blogmas, and today I will be sharing with you my favourite Christmas films.

How The Grinch Stole Christmas
I love this film, I don't think I could go a single Christmas without watching it. This came out in 2000, the year I was born, however it is still a massive loved Christmas film. Growing up I always wanted to be Cindy Lou Who, and have a yellow bendy pencil singing "Where are You Christmas".
This is a description of the film I found on IMDb
Inside a snowflake exists the magical land of Whoville. In Whoville, live the Whos, an almost mutated sort of munchkinlike people. All the Whos love Christmas, yet just outside of their beloved Whoville lives the Grinch. The Grinch is a nasty creature that hates Christmas, and plots to steal it away from the Whos which he equally abhors. Yet a small child, Cindy Lou Who, decides to try befriend the Grinch.

Santa Who?
Santa Who? is another one of my favourite Christmas films, though a lot/ maybe all of my friends have never heard of it or seen it. I think I got this, like many of my Christmas films, as my Christmas Eve film one year and since then me and my older sister Niamh have loved it. If you are one of the people who have never seen this film, you need to go and watch it now!
This description is from IMDb
Santa Claus develops amnesia after accidentally falling out of his sleigh and only the innocence of a small child can save him. Meanwhile, Santa has to battle the disbelief of a newsman.
(I personally think this is not a good description)

The Santa Clause
Though I don't think this is my favourite Santa Clause film, I think because it is the first one, it has to be included. This film is my childhood Christmas in a film, I always wanted to get hot cocoa, in the super cute metal mug thing, not going to lie I would have loved to be Charlie. I think this could be my favourite Christmas film.
This description is from IMDb
Divorcee Scott Calvin is disgusted to learn that his ex and her husband have tried - and failed - to break it easy to their 6-year-old son Charlie that Santa isn't real. On Christmas Eve, Scott reads The Night Before Christmas... then receives an unexpected visitor on his roof. When he's startled by Scott's calling out and falls, the Santa impersonator disappears, leaving only an 8-reindeer sleigh and a suit with instructions to put it on if he's involved in an accident. Scott does, and is transported around the town dropping gifts through chimneys until he's taken to the North Pole and informed by a group who claim they're elves that he is now Santa. Charlie is proud of his dad's new job, though Scott's convinced it's a dream. Until his hair turns white, his beard refuses to stay shaved, he gains weight inexplicably, even for his sudden love of junk food... Now he's accepted it, there's just one problem: how to keep it secret from his disbelieving family?

The Polar Express
I think this is a recent favourite of mine, I have always loved this film, however when I was in primary school we would always watch it so I did go off it, but now I love it. I think this is on every year on Christmas Eve and it just makes me feel so Christmassy, I think it is mainly as it is set at night and I always hope The Polar Express will come to my house.
The description from IMDb
This is the story of a young hero boy on Christmas Eve who boards on a powerful magical train that's headed to the North Pole and Santa Claus's home. What unfolds is an an adventure which follows a doubting boy, who takes an extraordinary train ride to the North Pole; during this ride, he embarks on a journey of self-discovery which shows him that the wonder of life never fades for those who believe

Nativity
Nativity is most probably one of the best Christmas films, I have ever saw, if you have not saw it, the first one is about a primary school are putting on a nativity, with a twist, and they end up in America, in a farm, everywhere, it is your dream nativity. This film just makes me so happy, so does the second one, Nativity: Danger In The Manger, I haven't saw the third one yet, it came out last year in the cinema and I think the other week on DVD, so I really want to see it.
Description from IMDb
This Christmas, primary school teacher Paul Maddens is charged with producing the school's nativity play. Competing against the posh rival school for the honor of best reviewed show in town, the stakes are raised when Paul idly boasts that his ex-girlfriend Jennifer, a Hollywood Producer, is coming to see his show with a view to turning it into a film. The only trouble is - they haven't spoken in years. With eccentric assistant Mr Poppy fuelling his 'little white lie', Maddens suddenly finds himself a local celebrity and at the center of quarreling parents and over-excited children desperate in their bid for fame and fortune. Maddens' only hope is to get back in touch with Jennifer and lure Hollywood to town so that everybody's Christmas wishes come true.

Elf
Finally, it is Elf, it had to be on this, who doesn't love Elf? I feel like Christmas officially start when this is shown on TV, like in the middle of November when this is on, you know Christmas is soon.
Description from IMDb
Buddy was a baby in an orphanage who stowed away in Santa's sack and ended up at the North Pole. Later, as an adult human who happened to be raised by elves, Santa allows him to go to New York City to find his birth father, Walter Hobbs. Hobbs, on Santa's naughty list for being a heartless jerk, had no idea that Buddy was even born. Buddy, meanwhile, experiences the delights of New York City (and human culture) as only an elf can. When Walter's relationship with Buddy interferes with his job, he is forced to reevaluate his priorities.

These are some of my favourite Christmas films, it is not all of them, because if I put all of them I would be here typing for days.
I hope you liked it and comment below some of your favourite Christmas films, come back tomorrow for another post.
Love
Ailish Elizabeth
xx

Comments

Popular Posts