My Top Ten TV Shows| Ailish Elizabeth


It's summer and we all have that extra bit of time, which we need to fill... and we always fill that by watching TV shows or start new series. Due to that, today I will be sharing with you some of my all time favourite TV shows. Some of these will be a bit old and will have already ended whilst other will still be on now but most of them you will be able to watch still.
There will be a variety of TV shows, so hopefully there is at least one you will enjoy. I do believe I have done a post like this before and if I have I will leave it linked at the end, although there could be some repeats.

Pretty Little Liars

My first one is one that probably one that everyone has already watched, currently watching or have tried to watch and didn't like it.
For those who have never watched it and don't know what it's about, it basically about a group of teenage girls and one of their best friends, Alison, has gone missing/ is dead/ no one really knows what has happened to her and then suddenly one day these four girls start to receive mysterious messages and text messages of this person called 'A'.
This might sound really boring and at the start it can be very slow, very girly and slightly bad acting but if you can carry and get past maybe the first season it gets really good and it just keeps you engaged. 
It has finished now, sadly, so if you are watching it or going to watch it you have got all seven seasons to watch, but luckily for you it is on Netflix, every episode, so if you are going to watch it and you've got Netflix it's going to be super easy for you to watch.

Gilmore Girls

This is another TV series which has finished but it is also on Netflix. I really enjoyed watching this, I started it maybe late last summer and finished it earlier on this year, in January. It also has a little spin off, a year in the life and this is Netflix's little twist on it and it had in all the original characters and was really good and if you watched Gilmore Girls whilst it was on it probably was amazing for you as it was on many years after Gilmore Girls had finished.
Gilmore Girls is about a mother and daughter, Rory and Lorelai, and it just follows their lives from when Rory was 16 until she finishes college and her going into the more higher class of life. 
As I said, it has finished and the year in the life has also finished, although there is a rumor going around that there might be a follow up to that, but it is all on Netflix again, so easy to watch. There are seven seasons to this too, as well as the year in the life, but it is very simple of a show, it doesn't make you think, you haven't got to figure anything out and that is why I think it's good to watch in the summer as you can watch it and relax at the same time.

Waterloo Road

This is probably one of my absolute all time favourite shows EVER and nothing can replace it. Sadly this isn't on Netflix and it has finished and has been over for a few years, it finished in 2015 although I feel like it finished ages ago. There are ten season to this, and I never watched it from the start but I have watched a lot of it and probably the majority of it, as I watched it whilst it was on and then past episodes on youtube and stuff like that. 
For those wondering what it is about and never got the chance to watch it, the show is basically a drama set in a school in Manchester, but then it moved to Scotland and it was about the students and their lives as well as the lives of the teachers. 
It was just so good and you can't really explain what it was about or how good it was as just so much happened in the ten seasons but the majority of people I know watched it and loved, so if you can find it try and watch it.

Skins

Another finished TV show which is on Netflix, which seems to becoming a theme.
I started watching this last year because my sister was and I watched an episode with her and I really enjoyed it.
This basically follows a group of teenagers in their two years of sixth form and it just follows a lot of drama and serious topics but it's also really entertaining and I really enjoyed watching it and all the characters have different personalities which I really really like.
There are seven seasons of Skins too, but the first two seasons, the third and forth season and the fifth and six seasons are grouped together as 'generations', and then the last only has six episodes, with two episodes following a certain character from the previous series.
Each generation has a different set of characters, as obviously after two years you leave sixth form and therefore new people start and they create the next generation.
Generation one and two are amazing and I loved the majority of the characters and I got through them super quick, generation three not so much, as you get into it you do start to like them more but just not as much as generation one and two.

Stranger Things

A Netflix original!
I started to watch this very late on, I think it came out last summer and some of my friends watched it and loved it, I watched the first episode and didn't really like it, but when I watched it for the second time I started to really enjoy it.
This show is a bit different to what I normally watch, it is a science fiction show which I am not normally that into, but it's actually really good. It's about a boy, Will, who goes missing in a small town and his Mum orders an investigation and as the investigation gets deeper they start finding out new things and there is also this girl called Eleven and she just appears in the town around the time Will goes missing and she has weird science-ish powers. I obviously cannot explain this, but it is on Netflix if you haven't watched it and also there is a second series coming out later on in the year, in October which I cannot wait to watch.

Gossip Girl

Another one I think everyone has already watched, but if you haven't you need to go and watch it. I feel like Gossip Girl is a must watch for any teen girl and I think most have watched it because it's such a big thing.
I watched it a couple of years ago and then I re-watched whilst doing revision and it's just so good and filled with so much drama.
For those who don't know what it's about, it's basically about an online blog called Gossip Girls which finds out all the secrets of the Upper East Side and shares them online for everyone to see, which causes a lot of drama between the characters. ( This is an awful description but I don't know how to describe it!)
Like most of these tv shows, it is on Netflix, so if you haven't seen it go and watch it!

Thirteen Reasons Why

This was so popular in April, I literally think everyone watched it as soon as it came out. I actually read the book before watching it as I've always wanted to read the book and I had heard about it becoming a TV show and that but I didn't realise it was so soon after I found out about it, so it came out on the Friday and I think I started reading the book that Friday and had it finished by the Saturday so I could watch it. To be honest, I don't think it was amazing and I did prefer the book but I think even if it was the best show ever I would always prefer the book. It was slightly different to the book, with the order of the tapes and some other things, but other than that it was okay. I have heard people say it was a bit dramatic, which I totally agree with but I think it was dramatic as it wanted to get people to watch it because it is such a serious topic and to educate a lot of people on that topic today you need it to be in a form they are going to be engaged to and understand it fully and due to that I think it was a good idea for it to be so dramatic in some parts because although there is one main serious topic of suicide in the show, it also covers many other serious topics throughout which many people need to be aware of.
For those of you who didn't watch it as soon as it came out and are yet to watch it, the show is about a teenage girl, Hannah Baker, who kills herself and sends out tapes with 13 reasons why she took her own life and the show is very focused on Clay who receives these tapes 2 weeks after her death and his reaction to what is on them.

Riverdale

I was very late to watching this, I started watching it around halfway through the first season maybe because I was bored and needed something to watch. I did watch the first episode when it came out on Netflix and to be honest I didn't like it, I just couldn't get into it and I kind of hated it. However, weeks later I was bored and decided to try and watch it and I did, I don't think I enjoyed it as much as other people did but it was okay and by the end I didn't hate it.
Thinking about it I don't think I love the plot of the series, but it still is good. The plot is that there are twins in the town and one of them mysteriously dies and they need to find out who killed him, however I feel like it loses the focus towards the middle of the show and it's more about the lives of the characters rather than the death of Jason Blossom. However, if you are looking for something easy to watch, this is probably good for you and there is not many episodes so it won't take all summer to watch.

Love Island

If you want to watch this, you need to start to watch it now!
It is a reality TV show, so if you prefer reality TV this is probably the best show for you, however, it does finish in less than a week, it finishes on the 24th of July and I am actually so upset that it's ending.
For those of you who haven't watched or heard about it, wow how haven't you, but I'll just give you a brief overview of the show. It's a British reality TV show about dating and at the start there are ten islanders who couple up together and these couples change throughout the series, at the start many are coupled up as friends but towards the end, like now, they are more serious and then obviously at the end there is a winning couple. 
I personally love the show and I'm dreading it being over, so if you do want to watch it before it ends you have to be quick and go and watch it now on itv hub, it is on itv 2 for anyone wondering.

How to Get Away with Murder

This is the final show I will be talking about and again it's slightly different to the rest of them. I also watched this on Netflix, although there is only season one and two on there, they don't have season three which really annoys me.
But, the show itself is about law students who take a class called how to get away with murder with a professor of defense law, Annalise Keating, and she picks a small group of her top students, I think around five to go and assist her on actual cases. There are many small cases in the show but there is always one main one which it follows.
I found it really engrossing, especially the first season which I watched super quick and then the second season I started to watch and found it boring but I then went back to it a few weeks later and I actually really enjoyed it.

So, they are some of my favourite tv shows, which if you are bored this summer you could watch one or maybe two of them yourself. 
Hopefully, there is at least one which you would enjoy, I feel like there is a variety there and even though I do have some other tv shows which I love I thought ten was enough.
If you have any tv shows which you love and I have not mentioned please comment them below because I find it really hard to find something to watch sometimes.
I hope you enjoyed this post.



Blog post mentioned

Comments

Popular Posts